COLUMBIA CITY – The Fall Harvest Festival is back and will take place at the Whitley County 4-H Fairgrounds on Saturday, October 15.
The event is free and free parking is available. All proceeds from the event will go to support the Whitley County 4-H program.
The day starts at 9 a.m. Then, craft merchants will open their stands to the public, as well as a flea market. Also begins at 9 a.m. the Fall Farm Toy Show.
Favorite food options will be available again this year with pecan rolls in the shelter in the morning, followed by hot corn and chili on the fire in the afternoon. The popular Fair Trade ice creams will be available, as will food trucks and concessions.
Throughout the day, artists will enliven the main concession area.
Something new to this year’s event is the Trunk or Treat, which will be on North Main Drive from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The popular Demolition Derby event returns, with entries starting at noon. Grandstand doors will open at 1 p.m. and the event will start at 2 p.m.
A full event schedule includes:
– 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Opening of the Craft and Flea Market Fair (Commercial Building and Pigsty)
– 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Opening of the Farm Toy Fair (Centre 4-H)
– 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.: Motor Show registration (Porch of the Ag Museum)
– 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.: Food trucks and concessions open (Main alley below the hill)
– 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Opening of the Shelter House
– 9:00 am: Sale of pecan rolls (Whitley County Ag Museum)
– 9:15 a.m.: Alayna Trier performs (Main Concessions)
– 10:00 a.m.: Lang Morgan/Cadence Acoustic performs (Main Concessions)
– 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Archery and Arrow of the Archery Club
– 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Bouncing House
– 10:45 am: Bent 290 performs (Main Concessions)
– 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Car Show exhibition
– 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Trunk or Treat (North Main Drive)
– 11am: Kettle Corn (Shelterhouse)
– 11 a.m.: Chili over a wood fire (Shelterhouse)
– 11:30 a.m.: Gene Fugate (Main Concessions)
– Noon: Weighing for the pedal stroke (Swine Barn)
– 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.: registration for the Demolition Derby (Farm Bureau Stage/Pit Area)
– 12:15 p.m.: Big Meow performs (Main Concessions)
– 1 p.m.: Pedal Pull (Swine Barn)
– 1 p.m.: Jody Senseny performs (Main Concessions)
– 1 p.m.: Opening of the doors of the Demolition Derby (Grandstand)
– 1:45 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.: Next Generation Studio of Dance show (Main Concessions)
– 2 p.m.: Demolition Derby (Grandstand)
– 2.30 p.m.: Car Show awards ceremony (Ag Museum porch)
- A brand new actuality TV present on personal tremendous automotive collections to be produced quickly
- Planning a “full” cherry competition; Movie Fest In Doubt, different occasions adapt
- The racing automotive present is not nearly racing
- Rolls-Royce Camargue designed by Pininfarina is an ‘ugly’ classic automotive gem