Bellevue family lose 6 horses in barn fire


Six horses died in a barn fire overnight Sunday near Bellevue Boulevard and Chandler Road. Sunday evening, the fire had rekindled and was raining ashes and embers in the already burnt barn, and the wind was blowing it on the house. Firefighters said it reignited in high winds and dry conditions. This line of trees recedes to a barn and a house. It’s a devastating sight for the Robles family, who, less than 24 hours earlier, saw another fire ravage their barn. They said they were awakened around 4:00 am Sunday morning by a mechanic who worked there, telling them he was engulfed in flames. all shocked and scared and panicked, ”said Jose Robles Jr. The family said they lit a wood stove to keep the mechanic warm while he worked. They said the fire marshal told them the stove caught fire. When Jose Robles Sr. saw his barn on fire, he ran in, trying to save his six horses – but the fire was too hot. “We felt really helpless, being a family that loves animals and horses, it was very tragic and very sad,” said Robles Jr. The horses in the family are a point of pride. It’s a love they all share. They were trained dance horses and the family often took them to Cinco de Mayo parades and festivals. “Said Robles Sr. They were between two and six years old, said said the family. “We had a strong relationship and I remember my freshman year coming home from school and he (the horse) was waiting for me at the door here by the door,” Annette Robles said. Firefighters said they were having difficulty navigating the narrow driveway on the farm, which allowed the fire to spread. he smashed the windows in their daughter’s bedroom and left nothing of the barn. The family could only watch their animals struggle to get out. Robles Sr. said. Robles says his life dream was to have horses and although that heartbreak is too much to bear right now, he hopes to rebuild in the future. “It’s my dream. I love horses, I’m a man of horses and I’ll have more horses later, ”said Robles Sr. The family hopes that by sharing their story, others will be cautious about the stoves wood. “A tip is never to leave any fire unattended, even if there is someone there, you should always be on call,” Robles Jr. said asking how they can help, saying they will have need for manpower. A family friend has created a GoFundMe, click here to donate.

Six horses die in a barn fire on Sunday night near Bellevue Boulevard and Chandler Road.

Sunday evening, the fire had rekindled and was raining ashes and embers in the already burnt barn, and the wind was blowing it on the house.

Firefighters said it was revived by high winds and dry conditions.

This line of trees recedes to a barn and a house.

It’s a devastating sight for the Robles family, who, less than 24 hours earlier, saw another fire ravage their barn.

They said they were awakened around 4:00 am Sunday morning by a mechanic who worked there, telling them he was engulfed in flames.

“That fire grew faster and faster, and the next thing you know, everything was on fire and we were all shocked and scared and panicked,” said Jose Robles Jr.

The family said they lit a wood stove to keep the mechanic warm while he worked.

They said the fire marshal told them the stove caught fire.

When Jose Robles Sr. saw his barn on fire, he came running in, trying to save his six horses, but the fire was too hot.

“We felt really helpless, being a family that loves animals and horses, it was very tragic and very sad,” Robles Jr. said.

The horses of the family are a point of pride. It is a love they all share.

They were trained dance horses and the family often took them to parades and festivals in Cinco de Mayo.

“All the horses, they were already trained, and they were good horses you know, they were like family to us,” said Robles Sr. They were between two and six years old, the family said.

“We had a strong relationship and I remember my first year coming home from school and he (the horse) was waiting for me at the door here by the door,” said Annette Robles.

Fire crews said they struggled to navigate the narrow driveway on the farm, which allowed the fire to spread.

“It just took them forever to get up here because of the bend to go up the hill,” Cipriana Robles said.

The heat shattered the windows in their daughter’s bedroom and left nothing of the barn.

The family could only watch their animals struggle to get out.

“Have a plan in case something happens, you need to be able to get them out of the barn right away,” said Robles Sr.

Robles says his life dream was to have horses and although that heartbreak is too much to bear right now, he hopes to rebuild in the future.

“It’s my dream. I love horses, I’m a horseman and I’ll have more horses later,” said Robles Sr.

The family hope that by sharing their story, others will be cautious about wood stoves.

“One piece of advice is to never leave a fire unattended, even if there is someone who is always watching,” Robles Jr. said.

They said there was a lot of damage and the cleanup would take a long time.

Les Robles said they were grateful to anyone who asked how they could help, saying they would need manpower. A family friend has created a GoFundMe, click here to donate.


Source link

Previous Jim Roberts: Service December 28 for the founder of the Kwick n Kleen car wash in Edmonds
Next Tesla function lets you turn your car into a light show machine